Tuesday, June 12, 2012

34 weeks and counting down!


I am sad that I haven’t posted anything sooner. Pregnancy waxes and wanes, on one hand time is flying by, on the other (when I am getting up 5 times a night to pee then expected to be bright eyed for work the next day) it creeps by at a snail’s pace. 

Case did a beautiful job painting and decorating Charlotte’s room! I was impressed with his mad skills. My only job has been curtains, which I cannot decide on. I have already purchased several packs of curtains only to return them because they are not the right “shade” of green. UGH……I shouldn’t have volunteered to do curtains; I should have left that up to Case too. He would have already done a better job than I could have done! 

My family shower was BEAUTIFUL! I had tons of food and everyone had a good time. There were so many compliments on how beautiful it was and how good the food was. Charlotte got so many nice prizes!  Momma and I have been having so much fun organizing all of the supplies. Little old ladies and the things they say are hilarious. Some of the old lady comments were the epitome of Southern charm and grace, other comments were very…… crazy old lady like. I was told that my little belly was just precious, followed by how much larger my butt was than my belly. Another lady, in an attempt to smooth things over commented that it wasn’t really my butt, that I was just “big all over”. Geez, thanks. Hey what do you do, the truth is I am pregnant and I am much larger than my former small self. It is what it is, and is a good incentive to lose any excess poundage before the next little one arrives. Actually the horrible pain in my feet from the pressure of the weight and relaxed ligaments is all the incentive I need to never be this big (even while pregnant) EVER again! It feels like I have worn high heels all day long! 

Bree hosted a shower for me as well, and it was also beautiful and the girls that attended had a nice Sunday afternoon. Good company, good food, good times. Again, I got lots of nice prizes and Momma and I spent that entire evening “nesting”. Her and I were like 2 little momma birds building up our nest getting ready for the new little tweetie birdies! 

Brooke and the ladies at DT are also hosting a shower for me this coming weekend and I am looking forward to spending some fun time with my dancing queens! It is fun times. 

Some days I feel great and have plenty of energy, other days I feel pretty run down and tired. I started to slowly slow down starting about week 30. It started off with my energy waxing and waning, and breathing heavier. Indigestion was becoming an increasing problem. Grandma Dalton told me that my “time was near” when “you can’t sleep, you can’t eat, you can’t breathe, you can’t sit, you can’t stand”. As each week passes, I lose one of these abilities. According to the old wives tail (or the scientifically peer reviewed articles) indigestion is a sign of hair growth. If this is true, baby girl is going to come out needing a haircut! Hahahaha. The indigestion has been pretty bad at times. I have darted up from bed thinking I was going to be sick, only to have this horrible acid thick mucus stuff bubble up in the back of my mouth and up into my nasal sinus. It burned so bad! I have learned that eating past 5pm is a very bad idea. Even water will give me indigestion, it is crazy. Today, I took a half a day from work. I woke up and was still feeling very run down, with my feet still hurting and the tension in my back cranked up. As I stepped out of bed, every bone in my back popped and it still wasn’t enough relief, I needed my Chiropractic adjustment! I get so run down and tired so easy, and recuperating from too much activity takes 3 times as long as it did before I was pregnant. WHEW. 

Today I am 34 weeks and I can hardly believe it. Well, my head can’t believe it, my body sure does!
Speaking of being tired, it is almost my bed time so even though there is so much more I want to say, I will have to save it for another day. Case will get on to me if I don’t go to bed soon and get my rest. I still wanted to talk about my first “Newborn Care” class at Crestwood hospital and all the cool stuff I learned. I also felt a tiny little 1.5 inch foot today! First time I have felt an appendage. I can pin point Charlotte’s head, and her back/butt, but until now, I had no clue what movements were hands and feets! SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!  I guess that will be on my next post. Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment